Moshing Cat Studio
Based in Montréal, Canada
Squarewave Maker is a sandbox rhythm action game where the level is your musical instrument.
Alone or with friends you'll have to be a virtuoso to be the best.
Create and share levels and music to become one of our community's most regarded maestros.
Music is always just one jump away.
Squarewave Maker is inspired by creation games such as Mario Maker and hardcore rhythm games.
By carefully mixing these two elements and adding tons of electronic music love, Moshing Cat Studio is working hard on Squarewave Maker.
Moshing Cat Studio was founded in 2016 by Olivier Veneri and Joranne Reysz after Olivier left Ubisoft Montréal. In July 2016, they teamed up with Eric Marciano, a childhood friend of theirs, to work secretly on their first game: Squarewave Maker. The project builds on Olivier's long-time passion for cutting-edge audio and game technologies as well as their mutual enthusiasm for rhythm games and electronic music. After having worked on Squarewave Maker for more than a year and a half, they are now ready as of March 2018 to share with the rest of the world what they achieved so far as well as the subsequent developments of the game.
- Low latency and audio accurate game systems that make playing a level like being in a musical performance.
- Tons of included levels waiting to be mastered.
- Challenging scoring and ranking system based on player's velocity and precision.
- Single and multiplayer game modes.
- Game editors to create your own levels.
- Various building block themes and playable characters to choose from to fit with your level design ideas.
- Complete audio toolbox : sequencer (with midi importer), mixer, synthesizers, and effects for creating your own playable music.
- No need to be an expert to create levels and music for the game, you can start by "remixing" the included content or the content shared by the other players.
- Share your creations with the community and try to be one of the top-ranked creators.
Squarewave Maker - Reveal Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Squarewave Maker. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
About Moshing Cat Studio
Moshing Cat Studio is an independent game company based in Montréal, Canada. Founded in 2016 by Olivier Veneri and Joranne Reysz, the team of three full-time staff now includes Eric Marciano. The three of them have worked on game projects of different sizes ranging from mobile games to AAA games.
More information on Moshing Cat Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Squarewave Maker Credits
Co-founder, Programmer, Game Designer, Composer