Moshing Cat Studio
Based in Montréal, Canada
Inspired by Mario Maker and Ableton Live, Squarewave Maker is cranking up the rhythm game genre.
It's a new take on the rhythm game genre, bringing the maker vibe to music games.
Rhythm ninja or synth master, there is a place for you. Squarewave Maker is the missing link between gamers and musicians.
Join the community and be part of this unique mix of game, music and fun!
Moshing Cat Studio was founded in 2016 by Olivier Veneri and Joranne Reysz after Olivier left his audio programmer job at Ubisoft Montréal where he worked on Far Cry 4 / Primal. They started to work on Squarewave Maker in July 2016. In January 2017, they teamed up with Eric Marciano, a talented childhood friend of theirs to work on the game as the graphic guy. The project builds on their mutual enthusiasm for rhythm games and electronic music and on Olivier's long-time passion for audio and game technologies.
- Low latency and audio accurate game systems that make playing a level like being in a musical performance.
- Tons of included levels waiting to be mastered.
- Challenging scoring and ranking system based on player's velocity and precision.
- Single and multiplayer game modes.
- Game editors to create your own levels.
- Various building block themes and playable characters to choose from to fit with your level design ideas.
- Complete audio toolbox : sequencer (with midi importer), mixer, synthesizers, and effects for creating your own playable music.
- Creative Missions.
- Share your creations with the community.
Squarewave Maker Kickstarter Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Squarewave Maker. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
About Moshing Cat Studio
Moshing Cat Studio is an independent game company based in Montréal, Canada. Founded in 2016 by Olivier Veneri and Joranne Reysz, the team of three full-time staff now includes Eric Marciano. The three of them have worked on game projects of different sizes ranging from mobile games to AAA games.
More information on Moshing Cat Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Squarewave Maker Credits
Co-founder, Programmer, Game Designer, Composer
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks